Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Mason's Pancakes


THESE PANCAKES ARE SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!!

I found this recipe in a recipe binder from my grandmother  and absolutely fell in love with it, its one of my favorite make ahead meals.

 I like to make the batter at night and cook it up in the morning.

 Not that it takes very long to make the batter, its just one less thing I have to do and cuts the mess considerably (especially since Mason helps me).

I made some adjustments for those of you trying to save a little bit of money. :) HAPPY COOKING!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. + 1 tsp baking powder
- 1  1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract 
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2  1/2 cups of milk (you can use half water and half milk, it will still turn out)
- 2 eggs
- 10 Tbs butter, melted (1 stick + 2 Tbs.) (To make this recipe a little cheaper you could use half oil and half butter)


Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.   Makes about 32 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment