- When you know your going to have a busy day, just take 20 minutes in the morning and you wont have to worry about dinner. My family loved this chili recipe and the flavors were exactly what I expected and hoped for.
- This is an easy to make chili, it is not too spicy, and has a mild texture, this is good for a family where everyone has different tastes. I would certainly recommend this recipe to everyone. It is very customizable.
- If this is too much for your family put some up in the freezer. And pull it out later to use the rest, but you can't refreeze it, so only pull out how much you can eat.
- To make this super delish chili, here's what you gotta do........
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef (just add more beans if you want to make this recipe cheaper and healthier)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion and remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.