This is a great recipe. Its a crowd pleasing, kid friendly snack without any of the strange "ingredients" found in the store bought granola bars.
you'll like it.
You'll love it!
Now, here's the recipe because I love y'all.Ingredients
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups plain granola
- 1 cup rice cereal (Rice Krispies, etc.)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Line two 9×5 loaf pans or one 11×7 inch baking pan (double the recipe or for a 13x9) with foil or parchment. Lightly butter or spray the foil.
- Combine butter, honey and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the granola and rice cereal into the saucepan and fold them into the sauce until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pans and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill. Sprinkle the chocolate and peanut butter chips onto the top of the granola and gently press them down with the spatula.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes (I just stick it the refrigerator to make it go faster) or until mostly cooled and set*; lift out of the pan and cut into bars.