So what is one to do with this many bananas?
Well, firstly, eat a bunch of them raw over the next few days. Then you can make banana bread, or banana pudding.
But what I ended up doing with the majority of them was put them all in the freezer. Yep. The freezer. Why, you may ask. Pssshhhhtt, to make ice-cream silly goose!
No! I'm not lying! You really can make ice-cream from a boring old banana!
Its a really simple process, which can be summed up as:
- Peel your bananas first.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Freeze until solid (1-2 hours, or overnight)
- Blend, blend, blend (until it reaches a soft-serve consistency) - scraping down the bowl when they stick. (this so easiest in a food processor, but if you use a blender you will need to push the pieces down until it decides to behave for you)
- Enjoy the magic moment when they turn into ice cream!
To dress it up you can add things like cocoa powder, chocolate chips, strawberry jelly, or a (large)spoonful of peanut butter (my personal favorite).
- you can use up to 6 bananas in a food prossor (which will make about a quart of ice-cream.
- in a blender you can only add about two bananas at a time.